Friday, April 5, 2019

The Worst Luck On This Planet

    Some of you may be wondering….you spent hours every day filming, you spent hours every day finishing the website, you did a ton of research, but have you not edited the short!? Well, there’s a reason why I have yet to mention it. Since I left on my trip, I created the whole website and Nicolas said he would start editing until I got back and we could finish it together. I texted him several times a day and got absolutely no replies. I was getting worried that nothing was getting done, but had no option other than wait until I got back. The day I returned and went to school, Nicolas told me what had happened. He had created a rough draft of the short. It was roughly seven minutes (still missing the parts we hadn’t filmed), but at least the clips we were planning on using were in order.

     He put his computer away and when he re-opened it, it was all gone.

     The. Entire. Thing. Was. Gone.

     The only project that appeared was 30 seconds worth of Oriana’s scene, which was the first thing Nicolas had edited. After this happened and he got over the annoyance and anger, Nicolas edited once again in his first period. However, Premiere Pro constantly freezes on his computer and heats it up, while drowning the battery at the same time. He edited and got pretty far in the hour and a half he had to catch up, but at the end of the period, his computer died. He then entered second period, which is Media Studies with me! When he told me this, I started scouting the room for a laptop charger and got one for him. He connected it to the wall and just like that, the computer turned on again. He opened the application to show me the progress he had made that day and… only the 30 seconds of Oriana’s scene appeared.

     It. Happened. Again.

     At this point, I didn’t know if Nicolas was lying and never did it or if the application just didn’t work or if the universe hates us. But, I decided that getting frustrated and stressed would do nothing to benefit this project. So instead of doing that, I started editing the short with him. We were able to make some progress in class, but as the computer started up again I decided to check on the postcard. Nicolas said he would start the postcard while I worked on the website because the website takes way longer and is a lot of work. However, I log on to his Canva to see his progress and I do not see anything. At this point, I wanted to cry.

     But, again, I held back the anxiety and just got to work. I first picked an outline that I felt would look great for the postcard and opened up some high scoring postcards from previous years’ projects. Now that I have the pictures to put on the postcard, I already knew what images to edit and how I wanted them to be put, but wanted to discuss the information we would add with Nicolas first. We started discussing this, but then the computer turned on. Nicolas asked a classmate what he does to keep it saved and he told us that his autosave never works either. Nico made an update for the application and it stopped freezing! He then learned how to save it himself from our classmate and we will now begin saving our progress every five minutes to make sure this does not happen again. Long story short, today sucked. However, this weekend we will finish the postcard and begin editing, so I am confident with time and effort that it will all work out! I believe in good karma and with the work I’ve put in, I have faith that this project will turn out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Product

The project is now.... complete! Every component you need can be found down below. I hope you enjoy all of my hard work!! - Below I have i...