Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Finishing the Website

     Now that I have the postcard image from the last day we filmed, I could finally add the cover for the website. I edited the image by increasing the brightness to get rid of some shadows and the saturation to add some more color. I cropped it to put the notebook right in the center and added it to the website! Last day we filmed, I also got some information (including age, grade, nationality, hobbies, fun facts, etc.) on the actors. This allowed me to go to the “cast and crew” page and create one/two sentence descriptions for every person. I was also able to crop the pictures I took and add them all with the names of everybody. I took them with the same background to make it look cohesive and as nice as possible. Both pages turned out wonderful!

     I was able to find a way to include my blogger with my website as its own individual tab and I love it! I was really struggling with the blog page because I could not find a nice layout and thought I would have to end up making another blog for the website or copy/paste every single one of my already made blogs! However, I did some researching and got it done. Now, all viewers can click on the “blog” tab and see every single one of these blogs to experience the entire journey just as I did. So if you are here from the website, hello!!     Something that I wanted to do was include some reviews in the home page of the website. I decided on putting three reviews on the home page that appear when you scroll past the image. I wanted to put the quotes inside of the two twigs that are usually used to name winners of prizes. I know how they are used, but think that it will look much nicer and much more real if I include the quotes in this instead of having them floating in the center of the page. However, after looking through every layout possible, I could not find this one on Wix.

      As much as I googled and searched, I could not find anywhere to let me add this outline….so I made them. I first used an image I found of Daniel Sousa’s Feral to help me see what it is meant to look like and use it as inspiration. I then started searching for the specific twig used in that outline and finally found a perfect one. Well, almost perfect. It was black instead of white, but that would help distinguish it from a prize award to a movie review, so maybe it’s a good thing. However, since it was only one twig, I had to flip it and add another one on the other side. 


Inspiration
Step 1
     To do this, I downloaded an app called “Photo Mirror” on the App Store to help me mirror the twig on the other side. I put the twig at an angle I think matched the original almost perfectly and saved it. Then, I added this new picture on to an app called “PicCollage.” I googled the logos of the three places that I wanted the reviews to be from and added them at the bottom first. Then, I made up my own review with a font that I believe looked the best and saved the final image!


Step 2
Step 3
                                                            
         





Step 4




   

     You might be thinking…all of that just to add three reviews!? But, I am so happy with how it turned out and believe it added a lot to the website. I animated the quotes to make them fade in as one scrolls down and enlarged them to put the three quotes perfectly aligned. I had the “gallery” tab pretty much finished before, but now was able to really finish it by adding the final four pictures that were missing from our last filming day. I could not be happier with the way the website turned out and am proud of the hours and hard work it took!

"Inspiration" image: https://vimeo.com/45517759

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Product

The project is now.... complete! Every component you need can be found down below. I hope you enjoy all of my hard work!! - Below I have i...