Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Preparation For the First Filming Day

     Research... check! Planning... check!Characters... check! Storyboard... check! Materials... check! Locations.... check!
     Just like that... it was time to start filming! Feeling a bit nervous and anxious to finally start making the ideas come to life, I got ‘the set’ ready! As I leave school earlier than Nicolas and Oriana (the actress we needed for the day), I started preparing everything to allow us to start right away when they arrive! I began by looking at the storyboard, storyline, and materials list. The first thing we will need is a middle schooler looking very down over a breakup. To creat this look, I texted Oriana to make sure she came over with no makeup, a messy bun, sweatpants, and a hoodie - the classic breakup look. Then, we will need headphones to show her listening to music as she starts doodling. I have my basic Apple headphones, however, I wanted something more flashy and childish (color-wise). Looking into my old boxes and items, I found my pink Beats headphones! They’re not wireless and broken, but by removing the cable and putting the hole on the side the camera can’t see, it works! They’re large and a flashy, dark pink color. Just what I pictured.
     After, I had to find a sketchbook. Every pad I found in my house with blank papers opened straight
up and not the right. Since I picture it being more book-like and less pad-like, these weren’t working. I kept looking and found an old notebook I used as a child. The glitter and flowers on the cover made it more realistic because the main character supposedly received it when she was little! However, it was a notebook... meaning there were lines on the pages. It may have been a bit extra, but I wanted this notebook to be the sketchbook, so I grabbed copy paper, pencils, scissors, and a glue stick. I measured the pages in the notebook on the copy papers and cut them out to be placed right on top of the lined paper. I got my glue and glued down all of the copy paper on top of the striped paper. Meticulously gluing and placing these pages in specific locations of the sketchbook, it turned out great!
     For the imagination part, I found a frame that my boyfriend gave me. Nico sent me an image with Oriana and I printed it out in color, cut it out, and replaced it in the frame for the picture previously there of my boyfriend and I (sorry Gianni). For the later part of the imagination, I went to my garage and took out some old boxes with laser lights and bulbs in it. Lastly, I had to make my room look more middle-school like. I put some teddy bears on the bed, added a Pink blanket on the bed (which could be later removed to make it look like time has passed and she got rid of it), and put some Christmas drawings on the whiteboard. Now that the materials were ready... I waited for Nico and Ori! As i checked the clock to make sure they arrived with enough time to film properly, I realized I had a dentist appointment at 3pm. The scenes we had to film that day were pretty intricate and require time. Since the dentist is unpredictable and may end up taking a long time, I had to prioritize the project. I called the office and after they told me I couldn’t go in earlier, I had no choice but to move it to Friday at 9am. This would mean missing school and waking up early to go to the dentist... but with me leaving to Argentina on Wednesday, I could not risk losing a filming day. Finally, now everything and everyone is ready to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Product

The project is now.... complete! Every component you need can be found down below. I hope you enjoy all of my hard work!! - Below I have i...