Sunday, March 3, 2019

A NEW IDEA

     I know what I want to create! With the help of my classmates and my teacher, I have an idea for a film that I feel great about. I will remain making it about a child who is moving because it is still the conflict we came up with to have the most negatives and positives at the same time. I will also keep the film giving the message of “looking at the positive side.” But, here is my idea for the short:
     A little girl is moving and is clearly upset about it. The introduction will show how she is an artist, possibly by showing several drawings and writings on a desk filled with colors and papers. She will grab one of her many sketchbooks and open it to the first page. We will see a girl frowning with a small house behind her and several packed-up boxes beside her. After, I must come up with something to spark her imagination. We will then show the scene of what she is seeing in her imagination. When she returns to reality, she will flip the page and draw the same picture, but this time the girl is smiling and is standing in front of a huge new house. This will be repeated two other times with situations related to the moving, showing audiences how there is some bad and it may be sad, but there is always something good too.
     The idea of the sketchbook is easy to produce and makes for a great visual. However, my teacher did warn me of some things. Every scenario should be around 45 seconds long, but I have to find a way to not make it look montage-y. If it looks like a montage, the short will seem repetitive and bore audiences. I have to find a way to do this, while making sure it continues to make sense. Lastly, I must tie it all together. I can’t stray too far away from the general idea. I know I want to make the issue moving and I know what my message will be, but how do I keep it cohesive? I would love to discuss it with my partner and see if he brings some clarity to these issues and how to solve them…I just have to hope he goes to class next time.
     I think this idea of the sketchbook still has many holes I have to fill and will not be the easiest task, but it can definitely be done and will be exactly what I want. Making it into a sketchbook will also rid of the issue I had before. If I turn all of the issues into dream situations that the child imagines, then it may look more like I am trying to convey the message of ‘escapism’ by showing the kid escaping from real-life issues with their imagination. I need to do a lot of thinking to continuously improve this idea and complete the short’s storyboard, while figuring out exactly how to do it, when to do it, and what I want everything to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Product

The project is now.... complete! Every component you need can be found down below. I hope you enjoy all of my hard work!! - Below I have i...