Thursday, March 28, 2019

Websites and Titles !?

     Since the project started, I have been writing down some inspirations that I want to include in the website… and now it’s time! For starters, I created a page on my Wix account by customizing it with as much of what I want to include beforehand. For starters, the website is missing a background image. The problem, however, is that until we create a postcard or logo, I do not have a good background to add. For now, I will leave the image of the mountain that the page comes with and will do an easy switch for the correct image when it is ready. Up next, I will create tabs and connect them to the pages that I plan on creating. There are some pages that I know for sure I want to include already, so I will create those tabs for now and add the other ones in the future.

     I will add a “Behind the Scenes” tab with all of the great images we took as we filmed and will definitely include some videos of clips that were not included. I plan on editing some clips into a Bloopers video which will make people laugh and want to keep searching the page. I will also edit some clips together of never-before-seen footage to include these exclusives, attracting larger audiences to the website. This link with the photo/video gallery will add a compelling item to the site that makes it stand out! 

     I will also add an “About” tab to include little paragraph descriptions of every actor/actress in the short. This allows audiences to get a better understanding of everyone in the short and adds something different and interactive. It would also be visually appealing depending on the style I end up choosing. Lastly, I will most definitely include a blog tab. I would like everyone interested to have the opportunity to go through the journey with me just like all of you reading this. At the bottom of the page, I will include an Instagram icon and possibly a Twitter icon. I plan on making these accounts this week, so keep an eye out for my next blog! Lastly, of course, I will make sure to include the link to the actual short story once it is completed!! I am extremely excited to finish the website and see my inspirations come to life! I know it will turn out very nice once all of the images are added and everything is complete:)

     Now for the exciting news..... WE HAVE A TITLE! In order to create the social media accounts that I plan on creating, the username should be the movie title to make it easy to find. However, once created, I can't change it. I texted Nico about this and he suggested "Perspective." We created a documentary that included the word perspective and I just do not think that it fits the short. I then started thinking and came up with "Half Full." The short is about looking at situations as a 'glass half full' rather than a 'glass half empty,' so I thought it was cute. But, I understand that it can be confusing or hard to get, so I kept trying. Nicolas then suggested "Buoyant." This word means cheerful and optimistic, which does make some sense, but just still does not sound right. Finally, I thought of "The Upside." This word literally means "the positive part of a situation." [1] The message we are trying to portray is that every situation has an upside to it and you should focus on this positive rather than on the bad. After googling, I found that it is currently a film starring Kevin Hart. However, it is what fit this short the best and it is what I have decided on and Nico has agreed with, so we have our title!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Product

The project is now.... complete! Every component you need can be found down below. I hope you enjoy all of my hard work!! - Below I have i...