Friday, March 8, 2019

Organizing our Ideas!

     Now that I have researched my genre, know what I want to do for this film, and know what characters I want, it is time to get organized. Although we know what we want to do for this film and have specific clips in mind, we have not come up with a shot-by-shot plan or storyboard. On top of this, we do not know what we will need, when, or how we will actually complete this project. So it is time to set everything straight!
     First things first, we need to see what we're actually doing. My partner and I need to sit down and start brainstorming and bouncing ideas back and forth until we come up with exactly what the five-minute short will consist of. Today, we met up and came up with the introduction, first minute, second minute, and conclusion. All we have left is the third minute of the film, but Nico had to leave so we will leave that for Monday in class! We now know what we will need, what we will do, and even came up with different ideas/shots for some events in which we disagreed or couldn't decide which would look better! For these circumstances, we will record both ways and use different shots. When editing, you never know what may go wrong and it is always better to have extra footage than not enough. I will share all of this information with you guys on my Monday post after the final details are concluded and we complete our storyboard!
     Now that we know what we will do and who we will cast, we need to know when to film. I leave to Argentina on Wednesday, March 20th. I return on Saturday, March 30th. Being gone for over a week is a big problem for this project. The day after I return, we have exactly two weeks, with the second week being the final one in which we turn everything in! With the dates coming up much faster than we had expected, we need to see when we will film. If we start filming on Monday, then we have nine days to film before I leave. This is perfect. Nine days should be more than enough and if any re-does or extra clips are needed, Nico will still be here to record. Now that everything is planned, this should not be needed, but we have the backup plan just incase. While on the eight hour plane rides to and from Argentina, I will have plenty of time to work on the website and postcard, while Nico will have plenty of time staying home to begin the editing process. We will communicate any second that we can (whenever I find internet!) and FaceTime continuously to edit and create the other components together.
     With what Nico and I have to do in mind, we need to see how our actor's schedules are to plan accordingly and know exactly when to film what, without any surprises catching us off guard. I spoke to Martina, Madelyn, and Oriana. For starters, I spoke to Madelyn. Mondays are the best for her to film because of her schedule, but she is free any day of the week besides Wednesday. I then spoke to Martina's mother. Since Martina is so young, I wanted to get the permission from her parent first to make sure it was okay. As expected, her mom responded amazingly and said how happy Martina was when she found out because she loves acting and being the 'in the spotlight.' Martina is free to film any day of the week except for Mondays and Wednesdays because she has hip-hop classes all afternoon. Lastly, I spoke to Oriana. She walks dogs as a side job every day of the week after school, but after 5pm she is free any day! Nicolas will speak to Paz's mother and Paz today to complete our filming schedule and have everything ready! I know that we will need Madelyn and Martina together one day because they are together in the conclusion. We have also left Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for any missing clips that we may not have had time to film or just did not work out the day it was planned. I have to get a root canal on Monday (sadly), so I have created this filming schedule:
  • 3/12, Tuesday: Paz?
  • 3/13, Wednesday: Oriana, Paz? (second conflict)
  • 3/14, Thursday: Madelyn, Martina (third conflict, conclusion)
  • 3/18, Monday: Paz?
  • 3/19, Tuesday: leave for missing clips, extras, and re-do's

      With an organized schedule of when we will film, who we will need, and what we will record, we are set to begin recording! On Monday we will conclude the story outline and the storyboard, to know what we want to do shot-by-shot without wasting any time. I am also planning on making a list of the exact items and locations we will need to have this week, to be completely ready by Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completed Product

The project is now.... complete! Every component you need can be found down below. I hope you enjoy all of my hard work!! - Below I have i...